OrderedBytes
OrderedBytes User Forum
FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Register Register
Profile Profile     Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages     Log in Log in
Logitech Cordless Desktop S530 Laser
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Controller Types
Logitech Cordless Desktop S530 Laser Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:01 am  •   #2194
Ken
Developer

A downloadable Controller Type for the Logitech Cordless Desktop S530 Laser was added today.

This removes numerous generic controls that don't exist on the device and adds compatibility with the "Music" button, "Pictures" button, and the rocker switch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:25 am  •   #2932
seldon

I have an s530 desktop set. Your existing Controller Type picks up most of the buttons on the mouse, but the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons aren't there. I will certainly buy ControllerMate if you can get it to pick up these two buttons! Interestingly, no other Input Device utilities for OS X (USB Overdrive, SteerMouse etc) can handle these two buttons.
Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:40 pm  •   #2940
Ken
Developer

Unfortunately, ControllerMate won't be able to see those two buttons. I haven't investigated why those buttons don't behave like typical buttons.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:08 am  •   #2942
seldon

Is there any point in running the scanner utility on the mouse? Or are those buttons using a completely non-standard protocol/spec?
Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:02 am  •   #2944
Ken
Developer

Unfortunately the Scanner application won't help. I have an S530 here and the Scanner didn't see anything from those two buttons.
Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:46 am  •   #3415
wowgolds987

um......i will try it.
-------------
mmoinn.com is the largest and most professional trading platform for World of warcraft Gold. Trading is easy and safe here with satisfy guarantee!
http://www.mmoinn.com.
Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:57 pm  •   #4466
drei12

I have an s530 desktop set. Your existing Controller Type picks up most of the buttons on the mouse, but the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons aren't there. I will certainly buy ControllerMate if you can get it to pick up these two buttons! Interestingly, no other Input Device utilities for OS X can handle these two buttons.
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic Reply to topic Subscribe to this topic    The OrderedBytes Forum -> Controller Types
Jump to: